[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hobbit] dropped hosts comes back
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Re: [hobbit] dropped hosts comes back
- From: pkc_mls <pkc_mls (at) yahoo.fr>
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:49:25 +0100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.fr; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:X-Enigmail-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=uAvmKV4nkU8l8/pWcFJgEHt9rgIo51RtKBJknEvbN/LeZvkGaWq0K70tR6ikF+MbAlsuPF3Qb0LpZSaoinooSVmoJIYV2+YnKCC+15t3lc+WWf34rfH/43KXLalQ1brm4W2sKpZ9LB70cjYf4Pl7PJx0iCj6d1v+2oXvJkPSF8w= ;
- References: <4B7D3C09.4010809 (at) yahoo.fr> <4B7D3FF2.60809 (at) wi.rr.com> <79d511081002180705t5690a629vcd8bccd3c84b913f (at) mail.gmail.com> <4B7D5B5B.1010706 (at) yahoo.fr> <9f45dd4e1002181043i10ac8658kd81a3ca09b335c55 (at) mail.gmail.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Windows/20090812)
Greg Hubbard a écrit :
> Make sure that there aren't copies of the same node somewhere else in the
> bb-hosts file, perhaps with 0.0.0.0 as the IP address. A "red" test means
> that the Xymon server is really trying to ping something, and the ping is
> failing. Blank means that the host is not being pinged, so you are probably
> looking at a copy (0.0.0.0 host # noconn) entry.
> Just guesses. Let us know when you figure it out.
the /etc/hobbit was recreated by the script
The bb-hosts contains indeed my old tests, so I removed the script above
from the starting script, and everything is fine now.
My mistake was to use sometimes /etc/init.d/hobbit start and sometimes
$HOBBITHOME/hobbit.sh start. The first recreated the /etc/hobbit, but
the second didn't create anything.
thanks for the answers.
I'll be more carefull with startup scripts next time.