[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hobbit] dropped hosts comes back
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Re: [hobbit] dropped hosts comes back
- From: Greg Hubbard <glh.forums (at) gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:43:09 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=mPf8HrJpEywI1ufr46RJz0XL/iPvOgO04fjFFQB3Yeg=; b=tv0TNDhjwg1qjS4UzkinJRt+t0XvmDDWNxHOUcfcLb+ImBHc9eV/07owL9KRIsPZ0E pO74y/wYRmpDiE51vdBaJi1CH19bkOqt9Uw6cEva7DLmhzcpzHAEjCTyoq2IdbT/YSVy jf48xEq50P5Smi53scEua/ct8fslB78bt4hTA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=SXtAwuP9NxEOd/V+/WcDXdJ+DWDf0BKcqAqTfkZgoQoAOtpND5Eed/SHAQ4qpraNF6 LQjHn2ZkzUObyFHqEgRgTywYpnhcIQlk1rvOwrkUmdZ9Z+LnS8ph0qp0hSBv2j42rTBt Vqd56jKewbL3RBdeZGqlcsMKN+Pgsoay8aA5A=
- References: <4B7D3C09.4010809 (at) yahoo.fr> <4B7D3FF2.60809 (at) wi.rr.com> <79d511081002180705t5690a629vcd8bccd3c84b913f (at) mail.gmail.com> <4B7D5B5B.1010706 (at) yahoo.fr>
Make sure that there aren't copies of the same node somewhere else in the
bb-hosts file, perhaps with 0.0.0.0 as the IP address. A "red" test means
that the Xymon server is really trying to ping something, and the ping is
failing. Blank means that the host is not being pinged, so you are probably
looking at a copy (0.0.0.0 host # noconn) entry.
Just guesses. Let us know when you figure it out.
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM, pkc_mls <pkc_mls (at) yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Jerald Sheets a écrit :
> > Also,
> > did you kill the client on the monitored host?
> for a conn test there is no client.
> I forgot to mention this.
> >> You removed the host from bb-host and it still appears on the Hobbit web
> >> page? What color is it?
> The color is red or blank.
> To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
> hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk
Disclaimer: 1) all opinions are my own, 2) I may be completely wrong, 3) my
advice is worth at least as much as what you are paying for it, or your
money cheerfully refunded.