[Xymon] How do I get windows events to turn red?

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Tue May 10 20:01:03 CEST 2022

Hi,

I am using the win_ps_client to monitor a bunch of windows servers. In looking
at the documentation it appears that I should be able to get Xymon to alert
on different events.

I have added eventlogswanted:information,Application,System:2048:Warning,Critical,error
to client-local.cfg and eventlog:System in the analysis.cfg file. When I do
this I see various messages when I click on msgs dot. However, I cannot figure
out how to get it to turn red when it sees the events I want to monitor.

In the docs I see mention of include and exclude parameters but I do not
understand exactly how I need to configure things.

I would like to be able to alert on certain windows event IDs Is this possible?
If yes, how do I actually configure xymon to do this?

Tom			me at tdiehl.org