[Xymon] False positives for applet.py (system-config-printer)

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Sat Aug 20 22:03:02 CEST 2022

Hi folks,

Adam Thorn mentioned to me in an exchange a few months ago that "the
libs test pretty much just runs the lsof command and looks for files
which are either 'deleted' or 'DEL', so you can do this check for
yourself for a particular pid." His example command didn't quite work,
but I get the idea. In the case of applet.py, I find lines like the
following:

applet.py  237463  jwinius 2w unknown  0,51
/nfs/home/jwinius/.xsession-errors (deleted) nfs.umrk.nl:/nfs/home)

What must be added to /etc/xymon/libs.local.yaml to whitelist lines
like this for all users?

Thanks,

Jaap