[Xymon] Problems with 'COMPACT'

Tom Schmidt tom at 4schmidts.com
Wed Jul 7 00:29:54 CEST 2021

I attempted to use COMPACT once to try to combine ftp and ftps tests into a
single column.  However, when I did that, I then only received the ftp
status page and graph instead of it "merging" the two columns data into one
status report as I had hoped.

I know this is not the same issue that you are reporting, but I do not
think the COMPACT function works as intended.

Tom

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 4:21 PM Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ron
>
> Thanks for the response, I'm glad its not just me :)
>
> I'm running v4.3.30.
>
> My comment about the first test: the first test (alphabetically, so in my
> example above "fim_test1") is not actually compacted.  It displays as an
> individual test on the nongreen or red page, and is not found in the 'fim'
> group when I click on that test.
>
> Just looking on the SF site and can't see how to log a bug for this.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 20:43, Ron Cohen <rcohen55 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Your configuration is fine - it is the COMPACT which has issues. Not only
>> it makes the non-green page to look like a Guy Fawkes night, it also adds
>> COMPACT columns from unrelated pages to any page which has  COMPACTed
>> tests defined.
>>
>> I haven't seen the the first issue you have specified though - missing
>> 1st test - maybe it relates to the version? I'm on 4.3.28.
>>
>> Ron
>>

>> On 02/07/2021 08:13, Colin Coe wrote:
>>
>> Any thoughts on this?  I've had a look at the source but can't see
>> anything obvious.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 at 06:12, Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use the 'COMPACT' directive for a few custom tests.  My
>>> config looks a it like:
>>> 1.1.1.1 a_fim # noconn
>>> COMPACT:fim=fim_test1|fim_test2|fim_test3|fim_test4
>>> NOCOLUMNS:conn,info,trends
>>> 1.1.1.2 b_fim # noconn
>>> COMPACT:fim=fim_test1|fim_test2|fim_test3|fim_test4
>>> NOCOLUMNS:conn,info,trends
>>> 1.1.1.3 c_fim # noconn