[Xymon] Trouble starting ext test to rrd, graph

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Tue Jul 6 15:28:08 CEST 2021

I wrote a script that will pull out a few lines of unbound stats and that
submission appears good.  I've got a green column by the host on the Xymon
server.  The web page is showing this:

totalnumqueries:51
totalnumqueries_ip_ratelimited:0
totalnumcachehits:22
totalnumcachemiss:29
totalrecursiontimeavg:0075215
numquerytcp:0
numquerytcpout:0
numanswerrcodeSERVFAIL:0
unwantedqueries:0
unwantedreplies:0

The part where I'm stuck at is that it won't generate RRD files.  From the
help page it suggests  Ijust add a value to TEST2RRD and NCV_ like I've
done here:

TEST2RRD="<allTheDefaultsHere>,unboundstats=ncv"

NCV_unboundstats="totalnumqueries:GAUGE,totalnumqueries_ip_ratelimited:GAUGE,totalnumcachehits:GAUGE,totalnumcachemiss:GAUGE,totalrecursiontimeavg:GAUGE,numquerytcp:GAUGE,numquerytcpout:GAUGE,numanswerrcode.SERVFAIL:GAUGE,unwantedqueries:GAUGE,unwantedreplies:GAUGE"

Something odd I did notice was that the link to the graphs (which have no
images, no rrd, etc) will say "No DS called 'inodecache' in
'unboundstats.rrd'".  What is the reference to inodecache?

I have restarted it with xymonlaunch on the server.

Now the data/rrd/ directory doesn't contain a host dir, I'm pretty sure
that is something that will be created by Xymon.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Josh Luthman
24/7 Help Desk: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343