[Xymon] email add-on other than html_mail.pl?

Fabian Wendlandt fabian.wendlandt at innowerk-it.de
Tue Mar 24 20:45:25 CET 2020

Hi,

alerts.cfg invokes any script with the string specified after the script path as parameter.
>From the man page:

SCRIPT /path/to/script recipientID Recipient that invokes a script. This takes two parameters: The script filename, and the recipient that gets passed to the script.

I see no reason why receipientID could not contain a list of recipient, although you'd probably have to put some logic into your script to split/parse them, something like this:

In your alerts.cfg:
##########
SCRIPT /path/to/script.sh 'mail1 at domain.com;mail2 at domain.com'
##########

In the script:
###########
#/bin/bash

IFS=";"
recipients="$1"

for r in "$recipients"; do
	send-stuff-to "$r"
done

Good luck with escaping the Teams webhook URIs, though :)

Best regards,
Fabian Wendlandt