[Xymon] xymondboard error

LOZOVSKY, DANIEL dl1025 at att.com
Thu Jul 30 20:39:50 CEST 2020

Hi Jeremy thank you for replying.  Looks like my company is blocking some of the emails coming from xymon so I did not see your reply.

Which logfile did you see this in? - xymongen.log

How often do you see these? - This happened twice on 7/25 and 7/29 never saw this before.

How long ago did this start?  - Started 5 ago but only saw it twice.

I did not see anything really strange in any other log.  I am not sure why this started happening.

I did see huge spike approx. 5x more than usual on xymongen and xymonnet graphs both spikes occurred at the same time on Wednesday which correlated with the 7/29 xymonboard error in the log.  The spike quickly went back to normal.

This is a bit wired since I never saw this type of issue before.

Daniel

On the face of it, it looks like a process (I'm guessing xymongen) is
having a problem connecting to the xymond daemon, which would cause it to
fail to construct a display page. The problem is most likely that xymond is
unable to accept a connection, or respond quickly enough, hence the 15
second timeout. The red/white status you are seeing is possibly other
messages being dropped by the xymond daemon.

I would take a look at the xymond status page of the Xymon servers and see
if there are any useful messages or counters there. Take a look at other
logfiles (eg xymongen.log, xymonnet.log) to see if there are similar
messages.

Cheers
Jeremy