[Xymon] xymondboard error

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Thu Jul 30 09:18:29 CEST 2020

Daniel

Which logfile did you see this in?

How often do you see these?

How long ago did this start?

On the face of it, it looks like a process (I'm guessing xymongen) is
having a problem connecting to the xymond daemon, which would cause it to
fail to construct a display page. The problem is most likely that xymond is
unable to accept a connection, or respond quickly enough, hence the 15
second timeout. The red/white status you are seeing is possibly other
messages being dropped by the xymond daemon.

I would take a look at the xymond status page of the Xymon servers and see
if there are any useful messages or counters there. Take a look at other
logfiles (eg xymongen.log, xymonnet.log) to see if there are similar
messages.

Cheers
Jeremy