[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hobbit] RE: Setting up SMS server and hobbit
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Re: [hobbit] RE: Setting up SMS server and hobbit
- From: Buchan Milne <bgmilne (at) staff.telkomsa.net>
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:15:08 +0100
- Cc: "Smith, Cathy" <cathy.smith (at) pnl.gov>
- References: <E69C1FC72A713B4E831792BD0AABAE892996F1975C (at) ATLMAIL.nova.prv> <BBA15439DC467648BBAB71E6BA4D990038FF92E6D4 (at) MERCMBX12.na.sas.com> <70086D201BD484439914C36F5C8BF16101A19E73442D (at) EMAIL04.pnl.gov>
- User-agent: KMail/1.12.2 (Linux/220.127.116.11-desktop-1mnb; KDE/4.3.2; x86_64; ; )
Please consider quoting properly.
On Thursday, 11 February 2010 20:35:21 Smith, Cathy wrote:
> That article is what prompted the request that I look at setting up hobbit
> with SMS. I haven't had a chance to read it this morning.
The xymon part should be trivial, assuming your SMS software (which is surely
covered in the article in question) can accept email, or can be driven by a
command-line tool. Please see the hobbit-alerts.cfg man page, and search for
If you get stuck, ask some specific technical questions.
> From: Galen Johnson [mailto:Galen.Johnson (at) sas.com]
> Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:30 AM
> To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
> Subject: [hobbit] RE: Setting up SMS server and hobbit
> There is an article in this month's Linux Journal for setting up Nagios/SMS
> that might be adaptable to Xymon. I'm still working my way to it (just
> came in yesterday) so I don't know how specific it gets, yet.
> From: Smith, Cathy [mailto:cathy.smith (at) pnl.gov]
> Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:39 PM
> To: 'hobbit (at) hswn.dk'
> Subject: [hobbit] Setting up SMS server and hobbit
> Can someone recommend directions for setting up an SMS server and
> integrating it with hobbit? I'm a novice about this, so something that is
> written well would be appreciative. There seems to be a lot on Google
> when I did a simple search.
And none of them were of any assistance?