[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hobbit] How Can I Change ping Frequency to every 30 Seconds?
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Re: [hobbit] How Can I Change ping Frequency to every 30 Seconds?
- From: Scott Ryan <scottlryan (at) gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:01:22 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=C56WjOor0/tthzsZx5d9fv3SitPBs1Ow1S75r7ZFzPI=; b=L7RYhK6Ksv5ddWSZWVnLZqazXC7w53fVVDR6tCI/GESFmdPHWnbUVLQd0AT//kGUAZ /rTfW7QlJwK2+1Aq2EHfTFzzJi2euOfjqwK84VKVdh5blY4EDPigp1JlB39+YrAo81Lu snZZqqkQrN0bkVMdoJU/TNc6EaNdXqqlcRbuQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=LUCFuzJS0AFU2drSvEz6y6wCU6mNWmY1TBCSFq2XHwQOaRH++IQyv4k1kIBtf5f0hf 9Ohix8I5dDxzfa6hy1M9EXCWZQdW7kVtw0Vbz80pSFXXvjn2yeqarBFVcIyqWR/7vVB2 7Uj4BQJzvKKQPFNCrYwsemJC5MbKD5UuRYQm4=
- References: <BAY133-W1040F639A17D88F6868582B44F0 (at) phx.gbl> <201002102314.23693.bgmilne (at) staff.telkomsa.net> <BAY133-W18B0F428A60CF903CD9D47B44E0 (at) phx.gbl>
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:50 PM, <wiskbroom (at) hotmail.com> wrote:
>> From: bgmilne (at) staff.telkomsa.net
>> On Wednesday, 10 February 2010 16:28:56 wiskbroom (at) hotmail.com wrote:
>>> I would like to modify ping to every 30 seconds over the next two weeks,
>> Set the interval of the bbnet task in hobbitlaunch.cfg on your servers running
>> this task. However, you may want to verify the trends on the graphs on the
>> bbtest pages for these hosts first, to verify whether you have in the past been
>> able to complete all network testing in that time reliably.
> Thanks as always Buchan. Sine my server I am using is fairly new, the
> load and times to complete testing ar e all fine at the moment, so I've
> gone ahead and modified bbnet in hobbitlaunch.cfg to a 1 min.
>>> believe it is every 5 minutes as that is the frequency shown on my "conn"
>>> RRD graphs.
>> No, network testing intervals are not necessarily aligned to the RRD graph
> How, and where can I make sure that rrd graphs are
> regenerating at the same interval, or at least every 2 minutes?
You can use rrdtool to dump out the contents of the rrd.
# rrdtool dump <check>.rrd | less
>>> Is this possible? Is it possible to change the frequency for just one host
>>> and not all of my hosts?
>> No, only for the task. However, you can run multiple bbnet tasks, and have
>> them test different devices ...
> To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
> hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk