Alert on files out of sync?

Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out the best way for Xymon to alert when it detects that a httpd.conf file on two different webheads is different.  Due to safety reasons we don't automate our web server config files, but rather use change control to keep them managed.  I want to be able to see if someone modifies one config file on one server, but forgets to do it on the second one.   I guess I could write a backend script to do it, but thought maybe there was a way to leverage the FILE monitor in hobbit-clients.cfg.

TIA,
Tom