[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Alert on files out of sync?
- To: "hobbit (at) hswn.dk" <hobbit (at) hswn.dk>
- Subject: Alert on files out of sync?
- From: Tom Moore <Tom.Moore (at) sas.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:53:11 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Thread-index: AcqqaSXBaWXK1un4RkqD91asewrCIg==
- Thread-topic: Alert on files out of sync?
I'm trying to figure out the best way for Xymon to alert when it detects that a httpd.conf file on two different webheads is different. Due to safety reasons we don't automate our web server config files, but rather use change control to keep them managed. I want to be able to see if someone modifies one config file on one server, but forgets to do it on the second one. I guess I could write a backend script to do it, but thought maybe there was a way to leverage the FILE monitor in hobbit-clients.cfg.