Re: [hobbit] Alert on files out of sync?

A quick thought.... use rsync to eliminate the human from having to remember about the second web server.

On 02/10/2010 09:53 AM, Tom Moore wrote:
Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out the best way for Xymon to alert when it detects that a httpd.conf file on two different webheads is different.  Due to safety reasons we don't automate our web server config files, but rather use change control to keep them managed.  I want to be able to see if someone modifies one config file on one server, but forgets to do it on the second one.   I guess I could write a backend script to do it, but thought maybe there was a way to leverage the FILE monitor in hobbit-clients.cfg.

TIA,
Tom

hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2010 - Apr 9-13, 2010 Covington, KY