[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [hobbit] purple status for one server and hobbitfetch?
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: RE: [hobbit] purple status for one server and hobbitfetch?
- From: Cade Robinson <cade.robinson (at) gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 13:25:48 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:in-reply-to :references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer; bh=8ga8hpOWrtF0hVmJVTJ2ny66NR9konp1i7Y07QNt8MQ=; b=KEB56UxVTqazUyFbMLZ8fhilHgYRLYviGjGfOU4XG2WZvuX8eqkqK4/Ix7/CXraclN sEQUtYrEhG+L0Ss0W8t2fiFO04lLOCb2vg2NWZCUW+VQCjON8ZOaPESwokzOLm9DYxIj Q9gMS97f7TSV9/W4hcrBKeSwIKm5X1T8tLaZw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=subject:from:to:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id :mime-version:x-mailer; b=WFHkYAn+D7qG/EWU9vy5r8r2qDtcba1cmD5BRajs+YUdNyrRnuJlDFK8WNLCR9OduY u+VzKDTbn18AKgib7siHEDOqhQIbQvcoW5s25HWP0DGF7XUoAALw87AUecYsAXhWhLF9 uNSPA5koX9PPBw8hF8dDhZ2aLlHxz+MXnoD+s=
- References: <1265390248.2275.101.camel (at) crobinso.nisc.lan> <BAY133-W196F09F2C6DF28B3220162B4540 (at) phx.gbl>
We didn't have a "true" two server setup.
There was the main server and then this test one.
On the main server the test server was setup as a client but had server
software on it.
The main server picked up that the test server had server software on
Since then the server software on the test server was removed and client
I checked the BBDISP and that is set right. It points to the main
This test should be just the ping test.
I can ping the client just fine from the hobbit server and if the ping
fails we do get red alerts.
I found that out when a network port got changed on accident to a
So the ping is working it just isn't reporting the correct result.
On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 13:59 -0500, wiskbroom (at) hotmail.com wrote:
> > I have one server that keeps coming up purple and I can't get rid of it.
> > The ping it working and it is alerting when it goes red but it just
> > stays purple all the time.
> > When I look at the conn page it shows:
> > Status message received from hobbitd
> > rather than
> > Status message received from 172.16.225.176
> Can you access this machine and determine who it's server is?
> Since you'd stated below that you have nothing in your server etc directory with it, I am guessing you had a two-server setup at one time, the "other" server may be sharing its data with yours. You may also want to see how you have BBDISP setup, whether its setup as one or more than one BBDISP.
> To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
> hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk