Re: [hobbit] overflow in netbsd-meminfo.c

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Rich Smrcina <rsmrcina (at) wi.rr.com> wrote:
> Tracy Di Marco White wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Rich Smrcina <rsmrcina (at) wi.rr.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> You posted this last night:
>>>
>>>  Memory              Used       Total  Percentage
>>>  Physical     4294963639M 4294966523M          0%
>>>  Swap                  0M       4098M          0%
>>
>> I said that was from hobbit, not from NetBSD.  It's from the hobbit
>> display page which I assume is generated from the "client data"
>> information it has received, which is why I later included the
>> "meminfo" information from the client data, which is generated by the
>> hobbit client.  The only thing directly generated by NetBSD that I've
>> included was the "sysctl -a|grep physmem" information.
>
> <egg-on-face>
> Ugh!  My apologies, Tracy.  For some reason, I thought that was from NetBSD.
>  I guess I should read slower... :)
> </egg-on-face>

No problem, I just wasn't sure of what was wrong when I sent that.
Your mail made me search harder to make sure I understood what was
going on, which isn't a bad thing. And comparing to FreeBSD's helped
too.

In freebsd-meminfo.c, pagesize is an unsigned long also (as is
physmem). I don't expect pagesize on NetBSD to be more than max int
any time soon, but should I also change that in netbsd-meminfo.c,
where it's also an int?

(I'm planning to include this patch in the pkgsrc hobbitclient update
I'm going to do as soon as I'm relatively sure this is mostly correct.
 It would also be nice to have integrated for some future release of
hobbit/xymon as well.)

-Tracy