[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Goodbye "Hobbit", hello "Xymon"
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk, hobbit-announce (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Goodbye "Hobbit", hello "Xymon"
- From: Henrik Størner <henrik (at) hswn.dk>
- Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:45:25 +0100
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.18 (2008-05-17)
As I wrote some time ago, I was contacted by the owners of the
"Hobbit" trademark back in June.
Several names have been suggested by you on the mailing list
(see http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/08/msg00193.html), but
the decision has now been made.
As of today, the official name is "Xymon" (pronounced just
At the moment this renaming has not caused much of a change,
but it will be implemented over the coming weeks.
* The Sourceforge project URL remains at
https://sf.net/projects/hobbitmon/ due to project renamings
currently being suspended on Sourceforge. Once the suspension
is lifted, however, there is a queued request to rename the
project. It will then be available at
* The mailing list address remains "hobbit (at) hswn.dk" for the
moment. A new "Xymon" mailing list will be setup, but
this will be announced separately.
* The demo website http://www.xymon.com/ is active. The old
address - www.hobbitmon.com - will remain in place for
some time, but no longer than August 2009.
* Changes to documentation, code, webpages inside the
Hobbit monitor etc. will be happening over the next couple
of weeks, and will be fully implemented in the upcoming