[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hobbit] Goodbye "Hobbit", hello "Xymon"
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Re: [hobbit] Goodbye "Hobbit", hello "Xymon"
- From: michael nemeth <michael.nemeth (at) lmco.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:57:09 -0500
- References: <20081108114525.GA32089 (at) osiris.hswn.dk>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20080914)
"Mozilla" was the original project code name for NetscapeNavigator and,
according to some of the documentation, the
correct pronunciation of "Netscape".
So I guess we can label is Xymon and pronounce it "hobbit" !! :-)
BTW I actually remember seeing this ! Believe it was on the intro page
or download page
Henrik Størner wrote:
As I wrote some time ago, I was contacted by the owners of the
"Hobbit" trademark back in June.
Several names have been suggested by you on the mailing list
(see http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/08/msg00193.html), but
the decision has now been made.
As of today, the official name is "Xymon" (pronounced just
At the moment this renaming has not caused much of a change,
but it will be implemented over the coming weeks.
* The Sourceforge project URL remains at
https://sf.net/projects/hobbitmon/ due to project renamings
currently being suspended on Sourceforge. Once the suspension
is lifted, however, there is a queued request to rename the
project. It will then be available at
* The mailing list address remains "hobbit (at) hswn.dk" for the
moment. A new "Xymon" mailing list will be setup, but
this will be announced separately.
* The demo website http://www.xymon.com/ is active. The old
address - www.hobbitmon.com - will remain in place for
some time, but no longer than August 2009.
* Changes to documentation, code, webpages inside the
Hobbit monitor etc. will be happening over the next couple
of weeks, and will be fully implemented in the upcoming
To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk