[Xymon] combine two combo statuses in one graph

Christoph Zechner zechner at vrvis.at
Tue Aug 24 13:45:50 CEST 2021

Hi Lars,

On 24/08/2021 11:20, Lars Kollstedt wrote:
> On Dienstag, 24. August 2021 09:59:17 CEST Christoph Zechner wrote:
>> Is there a way to combine the two statuses into one graph under the main
>> host's entry?
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> you can define additional graphs in /etc/graphs.d and make them beeing listed
> in the trends via the GRAPHS variable in xymonserver.cfg. Graph defintions can
> glob over files matching a specific naming, but to make them appear for the
> main host you will have to pull symlinks from each of the single hosts
> tcp.conn.rrd to the main hosts directory within /var/lib/xymon/rrd. Then
> you'll be able to match them with the names choosen for the symlinks in your
> graph definition.

I did exactly this, but there was no additional graph anywhere... Did I
understand you correctly that this new graph would only show up under
"trends"? After writing several custom checks and defining custom graphs
for them, I am somewhat familiar with the whole thing, but I thought it
was possible to add (or replace the) to the default "conn" graph under
my main host. :-/

> The native graphs for the conn-Status are defined within /etc/graphs.cfg, `man
> graphs.cfg` shows the format and with `rrdtool dump tcp.conn.rrd` you can view
> the structure of the rrd files.
>
> I'm using the Paths used on Debian based systems for my above example. They
> differ on other Packages formats, but usually have equivalents.

I am using Debian as well, so this was very helpful. :-)

Best regards
Christoph