[Xymon] combine two combo statuses in one graph

Lars Kollstedt lk at man-da.de
Tue Aug 24 14:49:11 CEST 2021

Hi Christoph,

on Dienstag, 24. August 2021 13:45:50 CEST Christoph Zechner wrote:
> I did exactly this, but there was no additional graph anywhere... Did I
> understand you correctly that this new graph would only show up under
> "trends"?
The Status columns are showing graphs that are named like them, but you can
only have one definition for "conn" so if you change this you must make sure
to to not break the usual conn graph. e.g. by globbing with something like
`FNPATTERN (conn.*).tcp.rrd`.

In addition to this the GRAPHS variable contains a list of graphs showing up
in the trends column. If you are referencing your definition there it will be
available in the trends column.

> After writing several custom checks and defining custom graphs
> for them, I am somewhat familiar with the whole thing, but I thought it
> was possible to add (or replace the) to the default "conn" graph under
> my main host. :-/
The graph definitions are global at least at far I know. But you should be
able to overload the names by adding them a second time. But be aware the
definition is only searching for matching RRDs in /var/lib/xymon/rrd/
<XyHostname>/. That's why I mentioned the symlinks, in the directory of the
main host in my previous mail. They are needed to get the data from the single
hosts in there to glob for them.

Kind regards,
	Lars

--