[Xymon] combine two combo statuses in one graph

Lars Kollstedt lk at man-da.de
Tue Aug 24 11:20:53 CEST 2021

On Dienstag, 24. August 2021 09:59:17 CEST Christoph Zechner wrote:
> Is there a way to combine the two statuses into one graph under the main
> host's entry?

Hi Christoph,

you can define additional graphs in /etc/graphs.d and make them beeing listed
in the trends via the GRAPHS variable in xymonserver.cfg. Graph defintions can
glob over files matching a specific naming, but to make them appear for the
main host you will have to pull symlinks from each of the single hosts
tcp.conn.rrd to the main hosts directory within /var/lib/xymon/rrd. Then
you'll be able to match them with the names choosen for the symlinks in your
graph definition.

The native graphs for the conn-Status are defined within /etc/graphs.cfg, `man
graphs.cfg` shows the format and with `rrdtool dump tcp.conn.rrd` you can view
the structure of the rrd files.

I'm using the Paths used on Debian based systems for my above example. They
differ on other Packages formats, but usually have equivalents.

Kind regards,
	Lars

--
Lars Kollstedt