[Xymon] Xymon Dependancies configuration.

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Wed Jun 3 23:49:15 CEST 2020

Hi,

I am trying to configure xymon dependencies so that if the core router is down
my xymon server only pages me for the core router.

In reading the man page it says to do something like the following:

1.2.3.4 cg1.example.com # noconn https://cg1.example.com depends=(http:router.example.com/conn)

The above works for a single service but the above host for example has
http and sslcert. How can I tell xymon that if router.example.com is down all
of the other services for a host should go clear?

I tried setting the service to a * that does not work. and I tried listing
services separated with either a comma or a pipe but no joy.

Is this even possible? Even adding a 2nd depends statement does not work.

Also is there a way to test the syntax to know if I got it right short of
waiting for 5 or 10 minutes to see if it worked?

Tom			me at tdiehl.org