[Xymon] Ignore RAID error?

Mon Apr 27 03:40:32 CEST 2020

On 27/4/20 05:06, Gary Allen Vollink wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a configuration which uses RAID meta-devices set up as raid1
> over empty slots for GUI configuration and notification.  As such, I
> have md0 and md1 showing up as fatal errors in Xymon.  Again, this
> setup is standard for this installation.  md2 + are all normal normal,
> valid (and actually hold mounted filesystems).
>
> I'd normally expect to be able to set up analysis.cfg to "something
> something IGNORE" for this machine.  Like:
>
> HOST=vault.home.vollink.com <http://vault.home.vollink.com>
>     RAID md0 IGNORE
>     RAID md1 IGNORE
>
> Does such a thing exist (and I missed it/have the syntax wrong?)  If
> not, /could/ such a thing exist?
>
> I'm starting to become used to just having a RED screen (and that is
> dangerous).
>
> If the answer to the above is all, 'no,' then what is the best way to
> ignore all RAID for that machine?
>
> Thank you much for any thoughts,
> Gary

You will need to share a your /proc/mdstat and/or a pointer to which ext
script you are using to monitor your md RAID. I suspect that your RAID
arrays are defined as a two member RAID1 with one missing member,
therefore, they would be expected to show as red, because they are failed.

You could either define the RAID arrays as RAID1 with only one member,
or else define them as RAID0 with only one member.

Or, you could add the spare drives as spares, or simply not define them
as RAID arrays until you actually need to use them.

Regards,
Adam