[Xymon] flapping status

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Jul 31 18:22:11 CEST 2017

Are you running the ping test from multiple xymon servers?

I do that, my main server is on one network, and I have 2 hybrid proxy/backup servers on the more protected network.

Where is the NAT going on for this machine?
Could it be a DNS issue?   Have you tried “testip” in hosts.cfg?

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Metron 6 (six)
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 11:03 AM
To: Phil Crooker
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] flapping status

hello,

nothing changed.. ping tests are showing red/flapping, these are the only tests i run..
all hosts with real ips are green.
the strange is that i run a ping test for hours, and says 0% packet loss, but xymon keeps the host in ref/flapping condition..

--- 10.122.2.1 ping statistics ---

104332 packets transmitted, 104261 received, 0% packet loss, time 104457908ms