[hobbit] RPM install on CentOS

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 25 16:29:53 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:25:41AM -0400, Patrick Vaughan wrote:
> Okay, I downloaded the new RPMs for 4.1.0.  I've been using the Fedora RPMS
> on CentOS, which seem to work perfectly.  But, the FC4 RPMs need a little
> tweaking to get working, because the FC4 changes aren't in RH Enterprise
> (and CentOS) yet.  I had to create links for /lib/libcrypto.so.5 and
> /lib/libssl.so.5 and install the RPM with --nodeps.
>
> I'm not a big fan of doing this, but it seems to work.  I like the RPMs,
> but should I be compiling the source instead of trying to force Fedora RPMs
> onto CentOS?  I anyone else using RPMs with RH ES or CentOS?

You can build RPM's yourself, either from the source tar.gz file by
running "cd hobbit-4.1.0; ./build/makerpm.sh 4.1.0", or by fetching the
source RPM and running "rpmbuild --rebuild hobbit-4.1.0-1.src.rpm".

I actually build the generic "i386.rpm" on a Debian-based system, and
then just do the rebuild thing on the various test systems I have.