RPM install on CentOS

Patrick Vaughan patrick_a_vaughan at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:25:41 CEST 2005

Okay, I downloaded the new RPMs for 4.1.0.  I've been using the Fedora RPMS
on CentOS, which seem to work perfectly.  But, the FC4 RPMs need a little
tweaking to get working, because the FC4 changes aren't in RH Enterprise
(and CentOS) yet.  I had to create links for /lib/libcrypto.so.5 and
/lib/libssl.so.5 and install the RPM with --nodeps.

I'm not a big fan of doing this, but it seems to work.  I like the RPMs, but
should I be compiling the source instead of trying to force Fedora RPMs onto
CentOS?  I anyone else using RPMs with RH ES or CentOS?