[hobbit] Status Unavailable

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jul 1 08:40:22 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:51:47PM +0800, Vernon Everett wrote:
> I removed the HEARTBEAT ine, and restarted.
> No change. :-(
>
> In case it helps, I am runnig Mandrake 10.1

OK - something similar did happen on my own system a few days
ago, but it was so bizarre I wonder if it could happen on two
boxes in the same week :-) The Linux kernel was leaking memory, so
eventually it ran out of network bufferspace and Hobbit couldn't
send responses anywhere.

Could you try running "dmesg" and see if there are any "failed
allocation" messages at the bottom ? This should really only list
the messages you see during boot-up and any hardware detection
that has happened.

Also, send me a "vmstat 4 20" output from the box.

If you run

   ~hobbit/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard"

does that hang ? What if you do

   ~hobbit/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard host=YOUR.HOBBIT.HOSTNAME"