[Xymon] xymon-client for linux over ssl

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Mon Feb 19 10:37:01 CET 2024

Hi Kris,

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 07:20:03AM +0100, Corentin Labbe wrote:
> > Can anyone advise on the method to have the Debian xymon-client send its
> > data to the Server using SSL instead of port 1984?
>
> Since the xymon-client is not TLS aware, the only solution is to use a stunnel.

Currently yes, but release 4.4 (currently at 4.4alpha1) will have
builtin TLS support.

> On the remote box, you run the stunnel client listenning on localhost:1984 (and point client to it).
> On the xymon server, you ran the stunnel server and configure the output to localhost:1984.

Yes, I usually use 1983 (pun intended as well) for it.

Relevant part my server config (bbs = big brother + ssl):

  [bbs]
  accept = :::1983
  connect = 1984

(Docs say for "connect": "If no host is specified, the host defaults
to localhost.)

This also adds IPv6 support as well.

Client side config:

  [bbs]