[Xymon] xymon-client for linux over ssl

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Thu Feb 15 08:17:28 CET 2024

Hi,

This will send the data over https + protect it with username/password:

- Create server/cgi-binpas directory

- Copy or symlink xymoncgimsg.cgi in that directory

- Create etc/htpasswd file with the htpasswd command

- Add this to xymon-apache.conf (replace <installdir> with the correct
full path) and restart apache:
ScriptAlias /xymon-cgipas/ "<installdir>/server/cgi-binpas/"
<Directory "<installdir>/server/cgi-binpas">
    Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymLinks
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Monitoring Client'
    AuthUserFile "<installdir>/server/etc/htpasswd"
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

- Use this in the xml configiration file on the windows client:
   <serverUrl>https://x.x.x.x/xymon-cgipas/xymoncgimsg.cgi</serverUrl>
   <serverHttpUsername>client</serverHttpUsername>
   <serverHttpPassword>client</serverHttpPassword>

For Linux or AIX, I have some scripts and config files as drop-in
replacement for the xymon binary based on wget or curl. If you are
interested, I can send it off-list.

Stef