[Xymon] xymon-client for linux over ssl

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Mon Feb 19 02:14:25 CET 2024

For systems that don't have curl or wget, it may be possible to use openssl
to achieve the same result. This works for me:

XYMONSERVER=xymon.example.com
MSG="status hostname.example.com.linux red `date` bogon check has failed"
MSG="$MSG\r\n"
MSGLEN=${#MSG}
printf "POST /xymon-cgi/xymoncgimsg.cgi HTTP/1.0\r\nHost:
$XYMONSERVER\r\nContent-Length: $MSGLEN\r\n\r\n${MSG}\r\n"; } | openssl
s_client -quiet -connect $XYMONSERVER:443 2>/dev/null | sed '1,/^\r$/d'