[Xymon] xymon-client for linux over ssl

Corentin Labbe clabbe.montjoie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 07:20:03 CET 2024

Le Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 09:48:12PM -0700, Kris Springer a écrit :
> Can anyone advise on the method to have the Debian xymon-client send its
> data to the Server using SSL instead of port 1984?
>
> Thanks so much

Hello

Since the xymon-client is not TLS aware, the only solution is to use a stunnel.

On the remote box, you run the stunnel client listenning on localhost:1984 (and point client to it).
On the xymon server, you ran the stunnel server and configure the output to localhost:1984.

It is the only solution I know wihout modification of xymon.

The other way is to made the xymon client TLS aware like I did on xython https://github.com/xython-monitoring/xython/blob/master/client/xython-client.sh
By either having a proxy TLS daemon (and client send data though openssl s_client).
Or the best way is to having a HTTPS proxy CGI and pipe xymon-client though curl (https://github.com/xython-monitoring/xython/blob/master/cgi/proxy.py)

Regards