[Xymon] Could not determine size of directory

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Oct 5 18:23:38 CEST 2023

Were you able to see the directory size output in the clientlog earlier?
It would look something like:

[dir:/var/log/foo bar/test1]
4840	/var/log/foo bar/test1

In theory, if that was in the clientlog, then double quotes around the DIR
line in analysis.cfg should be all that's necessary:

CLASS=linux
        DIR     "/var/log/foo bar/test1" red size<2000000 TRACK=FooBar

You can validate that the latter is being picked up by dumping the client
config:
xymoncmd xymond_client --dump-config
(snip)
DIR /var/log/foo bar/test1 red size<2000000 TRACK=FooBar CLASS=linux
(line: 360)
(snip)

Which Windows client were you using for the collection on your machine?

-jc