[Xymon] Could not determine size of directory

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Thu Oct 5 15:56:05 CEST 2023

Just to close the loop on this topic, I finally got this working by
creating a 'directory junction' symbolic link in a folder without spaces
that points to the folder path that has all the spaces in the name.
Then I have the Xymon server test my symlink instead of the real path
because I could never get it to work any other way. Here's some examples.

In Windows host:
Use CMD to make 'junction' symlink to folder you want.
mklink /J C:\ProgramData\SPlogs “C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft
shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS”

In Xymon server:
In client-local.cfg file.
     dir:C:\ProgramData\SPlogs\TaskUsage

In analysis.cfg file.
     DIR     C:\ProgramData\SPlogs\TaskUsage red size<2000000
TRACK=TaskUsage

Kris Springer