Re: [hobbit] host names not displayed in metrics report CGI

On 8/10/06, Henrik Stoerner <henrik (at) hswn.dk> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 04:53:31PM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:

> >Could you try changing your menu item to point at
> >  /hobbit-cgi/hobbit-hostgraphs.sh?pagepattern=.*
> >and see if that changes anything?
>
> That worked.  Host list looks good and the script works.

Sounds like Hobbit might have some problem with getting the
cookie data right. Just for me, could you change your
menu setting back to what it was, and in the
~hobbit/cgi-bin/hobbit-hostgraphs.sh add the line

   echo "$HTTP_COOKIE" >/tmp/cookie.txt

just before the "exec .." line ? From your browser then go to
the hostgraphs page and send me the /tmp/cookie.txt file which
gets generated.

This is probably irrelevant, but the hobbit-hostgraphs.cgi page is handing out two Content-type lines:

I guess the browser uses one, and the other is displayed behind the
menu bar where it would normally be out of sight.  I only saw it
because the page loaded slowly a couple of times...

What should there be in the Host selector if there are no actual hosts
listed on the page??  I.e, going to the Metrics page from a page that
only contains sub-pages, not any actual hosts??  What I getting is an
empty host selector, just like Tom...

Ralph Mitchell