[Xymon] How to test remote ports

Henrik Juul Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 19 07:37:32 CET 2023

Hi,

why are you trying to do it with a client-side test? You should just add
an http test to the configuration and run it as a network test. In
hosts.cfg:

1.2.3.4 myhost  # http://1.2.3.4/

If you must do it client-side, then you should add a test for port 80
being in LISTEN state. There are several examples of that on the Xymon
demo site https://www.xymon.com/xymon-cgi/viewconf.sh?client like this
which tests for port 6543 running a MythTV service

HOST=goya.hswn.rv13
	PORT LOCAL=%[\.:]6543 STATE=LISTEN TEXT=myth