[Xymon] Bogus Dovecot upgraded libs warnings

Adam Thorn alt36 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 3 10:52:37 CEST 2022

On 02/06/2022 17:32, Jaap Winius via Xymon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Recently I upgraded a Dovecot IMAP host and now Xymon regularly warns
> about linked libs that have been upgraded for many of the "dovecot/imap"
> processes. When the users log out and the processes disappear, the
> warning disappears as well. Obviously, these warning are bogus. Would
> anyone happen to know what to add to /etc/xymon/libs.local.yaml,
> presumably, to prevent this warning from occurring?

The libs report includes the process ID(s) of the relevant processes in
brackets. The libs test pretty much just runs the lsof command and looks
for files which are either 'deleted' or 'DEL', so you can do this check
for yourself for a particular pid..

lsof -p 12345 | | awk '$4 ~ "DEL|deleted" {print $NF}

..will print a list of filenames you might want to add libs.local.yml

Adam