[Xymon] automated svcs listing with xymon ps client and analysis.d

nor krie norkrie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:49:32 CEST 2022

Hi,

I want to automatically identify and configure test for all services of win
servers which has the startup setting “automatic”

Getting the analysis.cfg entries is quite easy:

for servername in $LIST

do

  echo “HOST=$servername” > $servername.cfg

  xymon localhost "xymondlog $servername.svcs"|awk '/ automatic
/{printf("   SVC %-30s startup=automatic\n",$1)}' >> $servername.cfg

done

This will create an individual cfg file for every server just for the SVC
check (with ~60 entries each).

I thought I can just create these cfg files in $XYMONHOME/etc/analysis.d
and it will be used similar to hosts.d or tasks.d directories.
But obviously this does not work (and also there is no mention of
analysis.d in the manuals).

Of course I can add all these lines directly into analysis.cfg, but this
would create a very huge file.

Is there a way to use a subdir for those settings?

Any other ideas to combine the normal analysis.cfg with let’s say 100 extra
server cfg files?

Xymon 4.3.30 self compiled and latest xymon PS client.

Any ideas welcome

regards

Norbert