[Xymon] rclient issues on Centos8 and rocky linux

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Sun Jul 3 17:04:58 CEST 2022

Michael

It's referring to line 113 of the combined script that gets sent to the
client. This is composed of the original xymonclient-<os>.sh script, plus
any rlocal scripts, plus some wrapper scripting.

If you manually run xymon-rclient with the -Y switch, it will dump the
combined script to the terminal. This might give you what you need to find
the offending line. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to capture the
output into a file and then manually run the file on the target host,
debugging it outside of the constraints of the rclient environment.

The rclient script hasn't been updated in a while and hasn't been widely
tested with newer versions of OSes. But I'm keen to update it, if we can
find what the trouble is. To be honest, rclient was always a bit of a hack,
and I continue to be surprised at how well it works for so many different
installations.

Cheers
Jeremy