[Xymon] False positives for applet.py (system-config-printer)

Adam Thorn alt36 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 11:20:12 CEST 2022

On 21/08/2022 11:52, Jaap Winius via Xymon wrote:

> After more experimentation, I've managed to get Xymon to give me the
> "all green" again, but only after adding a rather generic line to
> libs.local.yaml:
>
>     - '.*\(deleted\).*'
>
> Any more specific and the aforementioned false positive pops up again.
> Any suggestions on how to make it more specific would be welcome.

That's a rather far-reaching config line; it will mean any and all
(deleted) files will be ignored by the libs test, if you've put it under
'*' !

The crucial line in the libs script is

return 1 if $path =~ $regexp;

i.e. you want a perl regular expression for the entries in
libs.local.yml. Given you mentioned

/nfs/home/jwinius/.xsession-errors (deleted) nfs.umrk.nl:/nfs/home)

you could thus try, perhaps,

- '^/nfs/home/.*/\.xsession-errors '

(NB the trailing space is deliberate, given the example string you'd
like to match).

Look for online tutorials about perl regular expressions if it's not
clear what's going on there.

Adam