[Xymon] proper upgrade method from 4.3.27 to 4.3.30

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Mon May 31 14:28:02 CEST 2021

A temporary work-around might be to find (or compile) a copy of the older
xymonnet binary and run that version instead of the newer version (eg by
tweaking tasks.cfg). I've had to do the reverse in the past, to provide
support for newer HTTPS implementations without going through the down-time
(and change management bureaucracy) to replace the whole product.

Once you have your tests working again, you have time to troubleshoot the
new xymonnet (eg by running from the command-line in debug mode). Or if the
tests don't start working again with the old xymonnet, you've at least
ruled out one component from being the cause.