[Xymon] Removing Columns and http monitoring 401 error

Christoph Zechner zechner at vrvis.at
Fri Jul 16 18:17:11 CEST 2021

Hi,

On 16/07/2021 17:15, Cory Fiala wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I somehow created 2 new columns in the dashboard while I was trying to
> fix a http monitor. I’ve removed my changes and the columns still show
> up. How do you remove them from the dashboard?

On your xymon server, run the following command:

/usr/lib/xymon/server/bin/xymon 127.0.0.1 "drop <CLIENT> <COLUMN>"

to remove the column.

> My second issue is I’m wanting to monitor a URL and am only wanting to
> know if its alive. Since it requires authentication I’m getting HTTP
> status 401 error. How can I only monitor if it’s up or down? Here is the
> last thing I’ve tried:
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    fs1     #
>      httpstatus=http;https://workfolders.somesite.k12.or.us;200

this works on my machine with http auth:

sni httpstatus;https://xymon.example.com;^([23]..|4013);^(40[02456789]|5..)

This allows status code 401 and 403 for example among others. See also:

https://xymon.sourceforge.io/xymon/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html

under "httpstatus"

Cheers
Christoph