[Xymon] Trouble starting ext test to rrd, graph

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Thu Jul 8 13:11:06 CEST 2021

A couple of things:

* RRD has a DS name length limit of 19 characters, so some of your longer
names (numanswerrcodeSERVFAIL) are going to be truncated or possibly even
cause the whole lot to be rejected. Also, there's a restriction on
characters that can be used: [a-zA-Z0-9_]

* In your webpage output you use numanswerrcodeSERVFAIL but in your NCV_
setting you have numanswerrcode.SERVFAIL (with a dot before SERVFAIL). I
suspect these have to be identical to work. Also, you can't use dots in DS
names as per the last point.

Cheers
Jeremy