[Xymon] http checks red with timeout, xymonnet fast

Schrittenlocher, Rolf R.Schrittenlocher at ub.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Apr 28 09:37:13 CEST 2021

Hi Jeremy and others,

thanx for help

Can you show the red alert page for a failed https test?

Wed Apr 28 09:02:48 2021: Server timeout[red] https://xxx - Server timeout

Seconds:    18.92

Is there anything showing in the xymonnet.log file?
no, empty

What is the status of the xymonnet test page for your Xymon server? (This will probably show the most recent messages from the xymonnet.log file, among other info.)

not quite sure what that test page is. I added a http check http://our_xymon_server/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=our_xymon_server&SERVICE=http  for our xymon server (no certifcate, no https) and the result  is interesting. It alternates between less than 1 second and timeout

[cid:part2.BB926664.19F50B6A at ub.uni-frankfurt.de]

HTTP/1.1 200 OK