[Xymon] Alerts not working as expected

David Company companydavid49 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 08:47:31 CEST 2020

Hi,

My Alerts are Not Working as expected.  I have The following in my
hosts.cfg and my alerts.cfg.  The result I'm after is that the Servers in
the DoNotAlert subpages should not alert but the pages in subpage Alerts
must.  Currently, they are all alerting despite the EXPAGE setting in the
alerts.cfg file.  When I switch off any of them the conn sends an alert no
matter what permutations I try.  Any help would be appreciated.

*host.cfg*page Prod  Prod Hosts

subpage Alert Alert
0.0.0.0         .default.                               # NOPROPRED:*
NOPROPPURPLE:* NOPROPYELLOW:*
127.0.0.1    prod1.domain.com            # conn

subpage DoNotAlert DoNotAlert
127.0.0.2    prod2.domain.com            # conn

subpage DoNotAlert1 DoNotAlert1
127.0.0.3    prod3.domain.com            # conn

*alerts.cfg*
COLOR=red EXPAGE=Prod/DoNotAlert EXPAGE=Prod/DoNotAlert1
        SCRIPT /usr/share/xymon-client/ext/Notifications/notifications.sh
<emailaddress> REPEAT=1h TIME=W:0700:1700