[Xymon] Running a custom test on multiple clients.

Timothy Williams tlwilliams4 at vcu.edu
Fri Dec 4 16:12:46 CET 2020

On the Windows PSXymon or (shudder) BBWin client, you can run an external
script by specifying it in the client-config file. Client can download from
a central repository using URL or BB: (from Xymon server) link to run every
scan or on slow scan. Therefore, changes to script are immediately
distributed. The script can write an output file to TMP folder and that is
picked up and displayed on Xymon console (name of file becomes name of
column).

As Windows clients were built to mimic the Linux client, I would assume
there is a mechanism there as well.

*Timothy L. Williams*Windows Server
*Operating Systems Analyst*