[Xymon] xymonpsclient (application) logfile monitoring

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Wed Aug 12 12:45:57 CEST 2020

Hello to the list,

i need help in setting up logfile monitoring with xymonpsclient.

My setup is a Windows 10 client pc, running xymonpsclient v2.42, reporting to a xymon server running xymon 4.3.30.
In the client-local.cfg i have configured the logfile that i want to monitor, and an amount of time later, the logfile shows up in the msgs column.
After that i configured analysis.cfg to look for a specific pattern in this logfile, it seems to me that only the appearance of this pattern is displayed in the msgs column, but nothing else from this logfile.
In addition tot hat, the msgs column didn't change to red state.

Here's the part of my client-local.cfg:
[win10client1]
log:C:\Program Files\PATH-TO-LOGFILE\filename.log:153600

And here the part of my analysis.cfg:
HOST=win10client1
LOG C:\Program Files\PATH-TO-LOGFILE\filename.log Unable.to.cancel.connection.to COLOR=RED

With this setup it seems to me that only lines containing this pattern Unable.to.cancel.connection.to are displayed in the msgs column of win10client1.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong? Or do i understand any basics the wrong way?

Regards
Christian