[Xymon] Strange issue when using local scripts (in linux)

David Boyer davieb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 00:31:57 CEST 2020

Hi,
    I've got a strange date issue.  I've written some local scripts to pad
information onto the combo message. Here is the background:

1. When you run the script by hand locally (take note of the date):

[davieb at xymonsvr ~]$ ~xymon/client/local/dateinfo
dhcp-common,4.3.6,18 Jul 2020

2. When I pull the information from xymon server:

[davieb at xymonsvr ~]$ ~xymon/server/bin/xymon localhost "clientlog xymonsvr
section=local:dateinfo"
[local:dateinfo]
dhcp-common,4.3.6,Jul 18 17:44:26

Notice how the date field gets modified?  I can't figure out why. The only
thing I can think of is something within the xymon code, but I don't know
why it would?

Here's the simple script:

[davieb at xymonsvr ~]$ cat ~xymon/client/local/dateinfo
#!/bin/sh

OS=`uname -s`
RPM=dhcp-common

if [ ${OS} = "Linux" ]; then
   VERSION=`rpm -q ${RPM} --qf "%{VERSION}\n"`
   INSTALLED=`rpm -q ${RPM} --qf "%{INSTALLTIME:date}\n"|awk {'print $2"
fi

echo "${RPM},${VERSION},${INSTALLED}"

Does anybody have any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Dave