[Xymon] Lost procs

Seip, Christopher chris.seip at hpe.com
Sat Jun 22 04:21:13 CEST 2019

For one of my Xymon clients running xymon-client, the procs column has disappeared.

My narrative of how this started & what we did lacks some clarity. I think procs was visible last week. If it was there I'd bet a paycheck the status was clear. One day last week it went purple.

So we began troubleshooting & fiddling with it, puzzled by the purple status. I was able to drop the procs test for that host, and it vanished from the web UI.

Then I defined a PROC test for this host in analysis.cfg. We do all our client configuration on the Xymon server and avoid the local configs of Xymon clients. This PROC test, in fact the PROC column for this group (of which only this one host is locally monitored), isn't showing up. Hm.

We've been poking at this puzzle long enough to ask for some help, please. Any thoughts?

--Chris-

CLIENT: RHEL 6.0, Xymon-client 4.3.28-1

SERVER: Ubuntu 16.04.6, Xymon server 4.3.25-1

hosts.cfg excerpt:
    group-compress <I>blah blah </I>
    group-except files|msgs|ports
    16.93.15.15        hostname.domain.com # ssh http://hostname.domain.com/accelerator/images/logo.gif