[Xymon] Raw Data?

Lars Kollstedt lk at man-da.de
Wed Jun 19 01:06:51 CEST 2019

Am Dienstag, 18. Juni 2019, 22:29:26 CEST schrieb Neal, Jonathan W via Xymon:
> So I can see a CPU graph with the various data points in it.  Is there a
> file that has the raw data that the graph is generated from, which I assume
> would be the data from each 5 minute client check.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Wes

Hi Wes,

the Graphs are generated and displayed on the fly from RRD files e.g. under
/var/lib/xymon/rrd/<ClientHostname> on a Debian based system. The path's are
differing a bit between distributions and OSes, the data for the cpu graph and
it's (by default unreferred) variants is stored in the cpu.rrd there.

This can be viewed via rrdtool dump, as a readable formatted XML, that is a
bit unwieldy by it's size and different granular representations.

Kind regards,
   Lars

--
Lars Kollstedt