[Xymon] Xymon and Lighttpd 500 Internal Error

Guy patterson at nullamatix.com
Sat Aug 31 02:35:05 CEST 2019

> Hmm. Is the 'xx' here a literal or a replacement domain? If the latter,
> does the original domain have a "-" in it? There was a recent bug
> regarding display issues for this and the fix might not have made it
> into the package.

Literal, I lack creativity when it comes to naming schema, (xx.lan is
used for internal hosts). There are no hyphens.

> More broadly, are you seeing similar behavior for all svcstatus pages
> you're hitting? And do other CGI pages come up OK?
>
> -jc

Until you mentioned it I hadn't tested the other CGI scripts. Turns
out they all return, "500 Internal Server Error." SELinux isn't
enabled and there aren't any errors in the lighttpd/error.log. Thank
you for the suggestions. I've opened a thread on the lighttpd support
forum but have yet to receive any feedback.

-Guy