[Xymon] bbdisplay missing default client columns

Tarik Mecci tarik.mecci at sharewire.net
Thu Aug 29 21:19:38 CEST 2019

Hi, on Xymon server 4.3.28 (Ubuntu 18.04) I've been battling with 2
issues which I suspect may be related...

#1 The xymon clients are successfully sending data to the server, i.e. I
see my custom clientlaunch extension script names received in the
histlogs dir and as columns on the bbdisplay. However all the standard
client checks (cpu, disk, procs etc) are missing from both histlogs and
the bbdisplay. I know the Xymon clients are correctly sending everything
because these clients (v4.3.28) were previously connected to an earlier
version of bbd where everything worked. It's the same situation with the
local xymon client running on the xymon server - no cpu, disk, procs etc
but my custom client script columns are displaying. I do see clientlog
data showing in the bbdisplay. Is the xymon server is supposed to
receive clientlog data and parse this into these individual items (cpu,
disk, procs..)? Could I be missing the task which is responsible for this?

#2 I have been successfully using criticalview.cgi in a previous xymon
version to produce custom alert pages. Despite providing a suitable
--config= file which should result in some host alerts showing in the
output, I continually receive "All Monitored Systems OK". On my previous
Xymon version this works as expected. Adding --debug flag has not helped
me. I'm fairly confident it's not my --config= file format cos that
works perfectly on the previous ver, and it matches the format of the
generated critical.cfg.

My question... could these both be caused by the same issue, e.g. a
missing env/config variable which I need to set?

Thanks!
Tarik